Are you really vibing this Christmas season? Or maybe not, but you want to?
Either way, this year I wanted to do something fun to connect with people around the world for Christmas, so I’m running a Christmas Carol Composition Contest. Winners will receive $50, $25, and $10 gift cards to Girl in Blue Music to use on any books, courses, activities, and other resources available here.
AND the best part is I really didn’t want to make this a marketing thing that’s just to collect emails (because we all get so tired of that, right?), so none of that.
What you need to do is get the packet of goodies from this Google Drive link:
Contest is now closed. Thanks for entering!
In this packet are 9 rhythm prompt cards in ¾ meter from the Write Your Own Christmas Carol packet and one song template. Also included are Musescore files with the song template and rhythm prompt cards, so you can just copy and paste and move notes around as you like.
The rules for the contest are as follows:
- You must use at least 3 of the rhythm prompt cards in your composition.
- Otherwise, you may let your imagination run free regarding words or the lack of words.
- You’re welcome to use all of them and repeat them as many times as you want within the composition.
- You must follow the song template.
- The harmonies are a suggestion; you’re welcome to change them if you’re comfortable doing so, but please stick to the same number of measures and the form of the song.
- You’re also welcome to use 1st and 2nd endings if you’d like; just don’t add extra measures…
- Files that are accepted: Musescore (.mcsz), .xml, .pdf (if you hand write it, convert to pdf to submit). No other file types will be accepted
- The deadline is December 18, 2021 at 11:59:59 PM Central (Chicago) time.
- Winners will be announced on Christmas day!
To enter, email your entry as an attachment to [email protected] with the subject line “Christmas Composition Contest 2021”
In the email, please specify if is okay to feature your composition on Girl in Blue Music’s various social channels and how to tag you if you’d like to be tagged!
Winners will receive gift $50, $25, and $10 gift cards to use with any item at Girl in Blue Music.
If you’re note sure if you want to try, here’s some feedback from someone who has already submitted two entries haha!
I’m excited to see what you’ll create!
If you’re curious about Write Your Own Christmas Carol, check it out here: